Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 15 in the DR

We are on Day 15 in the Dominican Republic. Who's counting though?

Alex is doing great. He is a funny, sweet little guy. He says Ma-Ma, Pa-Pa and a lot of other words in Spanish that we do not understand! He gives sweet kisses and loves to hug. He loves to ride in a car or van. People do not use carseats in the DR. Crazy...I know! So he sits in the seat beside us or in our lap grinning ear to ear!

We have met up with the other HATW family. They are adopting a sweet little girl named Daniela. It has been such a blessing to us to connect with them and share our journey. We went to Juan Dolio beach yesterday with their family and had a blast! The beach was beautiful! Alex loved the pool and ocean. He fits into our family just fine!

Life in the DR has been such an adjustment for our family. We take so many things in our country for granted. Full-time power, AC, hot showers, easy transportation and garbage pick up! To name a few... :-)

Our girls are doing great. As I have said before, I am so proud of them. They have shown us what they are made of....they are strong and adaptable. Their only complaint is boredom. I can't complain because they have really caught up on some reading! :-)

We are planning more outings especially with the Tucker family. It is good for all of us to get out and about. We are typically an "on-the -go" family!

Please continue to pray for us. We are still uncertain as to how long we will be in the country. God knows the plan he has for our family. We trust Him and believe He has the best in store for us!

One thing is for sure....There is no place like home!!!!





Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Angie,
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Your blog of your journey has been such a beautiful blessing. We are looking forward to beginning our journey.
    I have been reading the blog about Daniela also. So glad to hear you all have connected across the water.
    The length of the stay has me a bit concerned too. When we were in country last month we visited the school my girls, Katie and Annie, would attend that is in Jarabacoa. It is run by an American family that also runs the Young Life camp located there. We are trying to decide the best way to approach the stay. Should the girls stay in the D.R. with me after the first 60 days or return with my husband for work and school purposes. For now we have decided that having them stay in country is best and they are very excited about this school.
    I pray God gives you peace and joy during this Great Adventure.
    God Bless all of you.
    In Christ,
    Jill Garretson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Angie, this is so wonderful, Im so glad and proud of you, you and your family are doing a very good work, God bless you and your family. I love you my beautifull family, I did not you still in DR, May I visit you? please let me know and I will make all possible to see you and the girl my phone number is, 809 543 6522 please let me know the best day....Celeste

    ReplyDelete