Monday, July 18, 2011

Dominican Dedication




Alex was dedicated in Pastor Mario's church yesterday. Words can not describe how much that means to us. During the ceremony, I looked out at the congregation to the people JT and I have met over the years. They are Alex's Dominican family. They are the family in this country that agreed before God to pray for him. They are the family he will visit as he gets older.











JT and I agreed to raise Alex to know God, we agreed to care for him and to pray for him. As JT spoke to congregation, he said that we would also make sure that Alex always knew his heritage. Where he was born. It is a part of his story that God so intricately planned for our son's life.





We are so grateful God chose us to be his parents. We are blessed beyond measure.













Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes. Oh my goodness I would have loved to have been there. There is so much emotion in that last picture of you and JT.
    God brought the two of you together so long ago for this moment.
    Glory to God!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so special!! what an incredible ceremony. loved seeing the outstretched hands in prayer. alex has so many who love him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness! I just spent the last hour reading every entry, and looking at every picture since your arrival in the DR. What an amazing glorious time for you and your family....its simply a blessing, no doubt that you have been brought to this point in your life - I am proud and teary when I think of how far you've come, the things you've accomplished, and how lucky I am to have known you for so long. I Love You and cant wait to see your new family! Michelle, Sasha and Mason

    ReplyDelete