Thursday, July 14, 2011

My sad little guy






This picture was taken one day after Alex's nap. It was a couple days after our Gotcha Day. He woke up out of sorts. He did not want me to hold him. He just went and sat by the door all by himself. He was sad. I sat close by waiting for him to come to me.





I felt like he was grieving all that he has ever known. He needed to figure it out in his little mind. It hurt so much to see him like this. After about 20 minutes of sitting there, I held my arms out to him again and he came to cuddle up. I told him that I would always be here and would never leave him. What he could not understand in my words, I pray he felt in my hugs and kisses.





Thankfully, it has not happened again. Truly-my answered prayer.






But if it does...my arms are open and ready.




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. oh this is so sad. love that you knew exactly how to mother him. you knew exactly what he needed. he is yours. you are his.

    ReplyDelete